Marriage is hard enough without having your sex life go stale. But it is not an inevitability, there are still things you can do about it, so in the following article, we will be discussing:
- Why is sex important in a marriage?
- Why married life can seem to have a negative effect on your sexuality.
- Things that can affect your sex drives and what you can do about them.
- 9 ways that help spice up your sex life with your married partner.
- Lifestyle changes may help keep your married sex life fresh.
- Supplements that might help with your sexual issues.
A Look At Sex And Marriage
The relationship between sex and marriage can be complicated. In general, most married couples find it challenging to retain sexual interest the longer the marriage goes on. But why is this? Unfortunately, many things can contribute to lowered sexual interest in your marital partner. One of them could be simply male performance anxiety.
According to some studies, marital sex is also affected by the number of sexual partners the married couple had before getting married. The findings of one such study showed that when a woman has multiple sex partners before getting married, satisfaction in a marriage decreases. However, the same does not appear to be true for men.
Furthermore, declining sexual interest for men could coincide with a drop in testosterone. But sex in a marriage is important because, during sex, certain endorphins and hormones are released in the brain that promotes overall mental health.
It can also increase physical and emotional satisfaction in a marriage. So how do you keep the sexual spark alive in your marriage? Luckily there are several ways to do just that.
9 Tips to Keep Your Sex Life Exciting In Marriage
While things like male performance anxiety, low testosterone, and even menopause can negatively affect sexual drive for married couples, thankfully, there are several solutions:
- Go On Vacation – Couples often fall into a sexual rut because they have sex in the same place all the time. Take a trip with your partner, and you may see that a change of venue was all you needed to have great sex.
- Talk About Sex – Set aside a time with your partner in which you both discuss what you like and don’t like about sex. Talk about what turns you on, what turns you off and most of all, be honest.
- Try Lube – For older couples, the problem could be a lack of sexual fluids. It is where simply using an intimate lube product could help.
- Sex Therapy – There are some issues that even top-rated male enhancement pills can’t solve. That is why it can be helpful to seek the consultation of a licensed sex therapist.
- Use Toys – It can be very titillating to use toys in the bedroom. Try using toys like vibrators to change things in the bedroom and increase arousal.
- Don’t Forget About Foreplay – The reason married life can be a sex drag is that, it is very easy to fall into a routine with your partner. It can make things boring, so don’t forget about foreplay, touching, oral sex, and kissing. Taking your time and building up the sexual tension can lead to great sex.
- Leave Yourself Enough Time – The simple biological fact is that if you are an older couple, it simply takes more time to become adequately aroused for satisfying sex. That’s why many couples fail at having a good sex; they try to rush it or fit it into a tight schedule. Give yourself an amount of time for sex.
- Get in Shape Together – It can be easy to let yourself go physically in marriage but try getting in shape with your partner. Seeing each other in physical exertion can unlock sexual desires. Plus, getting in shape is a great way to feel better about yourself and your partner and increase the physical attraction between one another.
- Make Good Lifestyle Choices – Excessive drinking, smoking, and recreational drug use can kill sexual desire. If you aren’t eating right and living clean; you may have sexual desire problems that even top-rated male enhancement pills won’t be able to solve. Making the right lifestyle choices is the key to sustaining a healthy and happy married life.
What About Supplements?
Supplements certainly can help if you choose the right ones. Take a look at Maasalong reviews that may shed some light on whether it will work for you. Just be sure to research other products before making a final decision.
Be open with your partner, live healthy, exercise, and be passionate about new experiences. If you are thinking about a supplement, read Maasalong reviews and some thoughts on the products. Also, be sure to speak with your doctor about any supplements you are considering or any sexual issues you may be experiencing, no matter how minute they may seem.