With a primary emphasis on customer interaction and operational performance, Pega is one of the top cloud software platforms. There are platforms for Pega CRM, BPM, and digital process automation developed by Pega-systems Inc. To give the best-in-class, simple, and fast, built applications, the Pega Platform was created. In addition, the Pega Platform Cloud option is available when running on Amazon AWS, thanks to the Pega Platform for Pega CRM.
Pega is a Java-based business process management solution used to develop corporate applications. Pega is far and away from the top BPM tool on the market, outperforming all of its rivals by a wide margin.
What is Pega used for?
Pega simplifies the process of developing and administering web-based applications. A web-based application’s components, such as Oracle Databases and other external systems, are incorporated into Pega. Software Configuration Management (SCM) is much better with Pega. A Pega application may be developed in a fraction of the time to construct a Java application.
Above, we have seen what is legal and what is Pega used for? Now, we will see a traditional Pega Platform environment may be built on AWS using the general steps in this blog.
Also Read: Pega CSA Certification
Deployment ecology of the Pega platform
AWS deployments of the Pega Platform often include the following environments:
This setup is the simplest of all: create a single node. An Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance is often required to run the Pega Platform. Also included is an Amazon RDS instance, which is a relational database service. This arrangement may also be used to test a proof of concept in general.
An Amazon EC2 instance, an Amazon RDS instance, and an AWS Elastic Load Balancer (AWS ELB) are typical components of a shared test environment that several teams may use. The usage of auto-scaling achieves high service availability.
Production implementations and pre-production testing both benefit from a robust multi-layer ecosystem. In addition, further layers of servers are deployed to meet specific requirements like front-end and back-end processing and database services.
Preconceptions and Best Practices:
To use it, below are the instructions:
- The AWS Management Console, or AMC, is available to the user.
- PostgreSQL users will use Amazon RDS. The general information still applies to the user’s environment if they opt to utilize another supported database.
- All Pega Platform resources are also provided in the same AWS region.
- Only one Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) houses all of the AWS and Pega Platform data and services.
- Each Amazon EC2 instance comes with one Pega Platform node.
It should be noted that no custom functions may be installed using Amazon RDS (UDFs). As a result, before installing this platform, the user must first set the (setup database.properties) file’s (bypass.udf.generation=true) property.
The device’s prerequisites:
We must first confirm that we have access to the following resources before proceeding with Pega Platform deployment:
- Access to the Pega Platform file for installation.
- This is a copy of the JDK for your convenience.
- The app server should have a backup or support plan in place.
- JDBC driver access to a JAR file.
There must be comparable elements in each specific context for boosting complicated work.
The Pega Platform development environment:
At a fraction of the cost of a full Pega Platform ecosystem, the reference environment is ideal for creating testing. In addition, this setup is perfect for prototyping and testing the platform as a proof-of-concept. We can learn about a basic development environment utilizing a single AWS EC2 instance by looking at the picture below.
A setting conducive to the creation
We may utilize the AWS Management Console (AMC) to set up a testing environment by following the procedures outlined below:
It’s best to get started with one of the following:
- A minimum of 10 GB of storage space must be available. The root file system’s temporary directory must have at least 8 GB of free space.
- A new security community or organization should be formed. To enable traffic into the user app server, you must open all the ports required. In addition, the administrator may access the system remotely.
The following are the requirements for a single Amazon RDS instance:
- Using the same AWS area as the EC2 instance, users may also utilize the AWS area here.
- Users may utilize the same AWS EC2 instance’s availability zone for their own AWS EC2 instances.
Class of DB Instance —
Community of security experts— a new security batch should be built. Also, ensure that the app server can communicate with the Amazon RDS instance’s essential ports. In addition, it offers remote access for administration as well.
What is Pega technology?
Pega is a tool for managing business processes. It uses OOP and java ideas in its development, done in Java.
The biggest benefit is that we don’t have to start from scratch as we would in traditional programming. Although most traditional programmers would disagree, it is becoming more popular.