CUET 2022- Know About The Upcoming CUET Exam With Course For Preparation
This article will cover CUET 2022 syllabus, exam pattern, courses, important topics, preparation, tips & tricks, etc. Read further to know more.
Under the New Education Policy, the Government of India has declared the Central Universities Entrance Test a mandatory admission requirement. Students seeking admission into various programs in central universities have to take the test. Earlier, the test was known as CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test). It has now been replaced with the name CUET.
CUET 2022 Important Highlights:
|Registration Dates||06 April 2022 to 06 May 2022|
|Tentative Exam Dates||The exam will be held in two slots between the 1st and 2nd week of July 2022.|
|Exam Slot Duration||Slot 1: 195 minutes (3:15 hrs.)Slot 2: 25 minutes (3:45 hrs.)|
Importance of CUET Exam 2022
Conducted by The National Testing Agency (NTA), CUCET is likely to dismiss the board results as the sole criteria for admission. It will save the students’ time, money and effort. And, the students will only have to prepare and appear for one common test.
CUET Exam Courses
Candidates must check the list of CUET 2022 courses before applying. They should also check the eligibility criteria for CUCET 2022 courses. The criteria are different for every program. Following are the various institutions’ UG, PG, and Integrated PG programs of
CUET Exam 2022 Test Pattern:
The CUCET exam will be conducted in 13 languages, listed below-
Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
The test will be divided into the following sections –
- Section IA & IB: Languages (Reading Comprehension)
- Section II: Domain-Specific
- Section III: General Aptitude
CUET Exam 2022 Detail Test Pattern:
Section IA & IB: Languages to be tested through Reading Comprehension
- Section I A- 13 Languages
Language Test Subjects: Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu
- Section I B- 19 Languages
Optional Language Subjects: Arabic, Bodo, Chinese, Dogri, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Manipuri, Nepali, Persian, Russian,Sindhi, Santali, Spanish, Tibetan
2. Section II- Domain-Specific Knowledge
(i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/ Oddisi/ Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri
(ii) Drama- Theatre
(iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion)
CUET Exam 2022 Key Points:
- There will be 2 slots for the CUET 2022 exam on different days.
- The slot will be based on the subjects chosen by the candidates. They will be conducted in the morning and afternoon shifts.
- Slot 1 (morning shift) – The candidates can take 4 tests. These tests include one language from Section IA, a maximum of two domain-specific subjects from Section II and one General Test from Section III (General Aptitude).
- Slot 2 (afternoon shift)- The candidates can take a maximum of 5 tests in the following ways:
- One language from Section IA & IB and a maximum of four domain-specific subjects from Section II.
- Two languages from Section IA & IB and a maximum of three domain-specific subjects from Section II
CUET Exam 2022 Marking Scheme:
- 175 questions in total.
- The candidate has to attempt 140 questions out of the total number.
- MCQ pattern to be followed.
- Every correct will carry 1 mark each.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
CUET Exam 2022 Section Wise Syllabus Preparation Tips:
Language-Specific– The students should concentrate on:
- Practising reading comprehensions,
- Fundamentals of grammar- incorrect sentences, filling blanks in sentences with appropriate words,
- Vocabulary- synonyms, antonyms
- Word Meanings
The Domain Specific Section contains 27 subjects, from which a student can choose up to 6 subjects. Students are advised to choose the language and subjects they studied in class 12th. The candidate should be well versed with the syllabus of the domain subject, as prescribed by their board.
- This part of the test is further divided into 2 subsections- Numerical Ability and Logical & Analytical Reasoning. Some important topics include – Syllogism, Directions, Puzzles, Cause & Effect, Clocks & Calendars, Logical Sequencing, Arithmetic, Algebra Basics, Seating Arrangements, Mensuration, Probability, etc.
Candidates will be asked questions from topics like- Static GK, Politics, Sports, famous personalities, prizes & awards, world affairs,Economy & Business, Art & Entertainment, etc.
CUET 2022 Mock Test
Solving mock test help serve an important purpose. It helps the aspirants to practice from a varied question bank. It will enhance their speed and accuracy. Candidates who take enough mock tests stand a higher chance of scoring more.
Find Good Books for CUCET Exam 2022 Preparation
Finding a good reference book is a task in itself.
- Pick the latest edition, containing all the updated information per the latest syllabus.
- The preparation book should cover most topics prescribed in the CUET Exam 2022 syllabus.
- There should be ample exercises, questions and sample papers that the candidate can solve for practice.
There are many good and informative books available in the market and online. Students can also refer to some books given below-
|Name of the Book||Name of Author/ Publisher|
|Arihant’s English Grammar & Composition||S.C. Gupta|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination||RS Agarwal|
|CUCET Guide & Practice Work Book||Sanjay Kumar|
|Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Objective Mathematics Vol. 1 & 2||R.D. Sharma|
|A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis||G.N. Berman|
|Methodology and Perspectives of Social Science||AbhijitKundu|
Besides, students must refer to their domain-specific subject books for both UG and PG courses. Also, the course-related school/college books prove quite helpful.
For More Information Visit Our Website.